I'm based in Berlin and travel regularly for assignments, be it to India or across Germany.
Below are examples of my most recent assignments:
I was producer on the BBC PANORAMA SPECIAL "Germany's New Nazis"
- My latest independent documentary Odyssee is currently screening at film festivals internationally.
- I produced and shot my first, award-winning documentary called POWER, about a woman teaching self-defense to women in India.
- AJ+ - I shot and edited pieces on the refugee crisis in Berlin for the online channel of Al Jazeera English.
- Unreported World - I was the local producer for the documentary Exiled: Europe's Gay Refugees with Shaunagh Connaire.
- Al Jazeera English - I was the producer for a report on "The Listening Post" about the loss of trust in the media. "German Media: reporting on the rise of the right"
- Full Measure - I was the local producer for a piece about the European Border Crisis with Scott Thuman as correspondent. Watch the piece here.
- Full Measure - I was the local producer for a piece about the effects of the sexual assaults on New Year's Eve in Cologne with Scott Thuman as correspondent. Watch the piece here.
- BBC - I regularly work as a producer for the BBC in Berlin. Most recently I was the local producer for a documentary on This World with Katya Adler on "Brexit". I was local producer on Working Lives: Berlin with Claire Tailyour from Slackwire Films. I produced the contributions from Berlin for the 30under30 project, about young business women, and I produced a piece called Empowering Women for My Business about a Berlin start-up.
- CBS - I worked as local producer on a piece for "60 Minutes" about the refugee crisis in Bavaria. Broadcast in October 2015 with Anderson Cooper as correspondent. Watch the piece here.
- CBS - I worked as production assistant and translator on a piece for "60 Minutes" about the American and German prison system, with Bill Whitaker as correspondent. Watch the piece here.
- ARTE - I worked as assistant director on a 90 minute documentary about Germany by the directors Roland Theron and Vassili Silovic. Go to the website of the film.
- ARTE - I worked as local producer on a ten part series about the historic relationship between Germany and France, with the director Roland Theron.
- DW - I produced a radio and online piece for "World in Progress" about women asylum seekers in the UK.
I'm also program manager at the Dart Centre for Journalism and Trauma Europe - a project dedicated to informed, ethical and innovative news reporting on violence, conflict and tragedy. The Dart Centre provides journalists around the world with resources necessary to meet this challenge.
I trained at City University in London and studied at SOAS. You can find my full CV below.
And I'd love to hear from you. Jeanny